Monday, March 31, 2014

Little Apples


This quilt is pretty wonderful.  There. I said it.  I did not even know that it existed and would be donated until it was finished and Laurie asked for my address.  Quelle surprise!

As I blog this (two weeks ahead of the auction), I realize that I didn't get many close up pictures of the fabrics.  But I think that's okay.  I'm too short on time to take more pictures, and...

IMG_0934

I'm hoping that all I have to say is: "Little Apples by Aneela Hoey" and a bidding war will ensue.  Right?  All for the children's sake, I'm sure.

IMG_0938

Or am I the only fan of this designer?  Seriously: look at those sweet kids playing "Ring around the Rosy"!

IMG_0936

And in the picture above: turtles!  And one is eating an apple!  It's so cute that it's out of control.

IMG_0935

And here we have little outfits all picked out and ready to be put on for school in the morning.  (The little knit cap and scarf are just too sweet!)

IMG_0925

This is a generously sized lap quilt.  I love it because, sure, you could give it to a kid.  But it's big enough to keep you warm if you want it.  (Which I'm sure you do.)

IMG_0939

Laurie did some wonderful straight-line quilting around the borders, and then stitch-in-the-ditch and some pretty medallions that make for faux cornerstones.  (Please excuse my non-technical quilty lingo.)

IMG_0941

And here's the back.  The wind simply would not cooperate for this shot.  Sorry.  (But hey!- you can see Anne's baby bump!)  You can also see that Laurie used up every last scrap she had for that offset strip, and that shade of red is just so warm and cozy.  Really... it's begging you to come snuggle up with it.

Remember: you get a great quilt, and kids get cures.  It's as simple as that.

Click here to bid on this quilt.  *Bidding Closed.


Quilt Stats:
Size: 53 x 60 inches
Made by: Laurie Manske
Fabrics: Little Apples by Aneela Hoey and Kona White


Oh goodness!  Would you look at that?  I just found more photos!  Cute fabric is self-explanatory, so just scroll on through, okay?  Enjoy!


IMG_0990

IMG_0988

IMG_0986

IMG_0985

IMG_0983

IMG_0982

IMG_0981

IMG_0980



(Want to see more?  Click here to see all the quilts that are on auction until Saturday, April 5, 2014.)

Copy of PBTF_5C_horiz_RGB copy
"Someone in your life needs a quilt, and someone in mine needs a cure."
  Charlotte's gRACE for a Cure 2014 Quilt Auction to benefit the PBTF


1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. We lost a sweet little 10 year old friend to brain cancer 2 years ago. I will pass the word about the auction. Janita

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Thanks for writing back!