Monday, March 31, 2014

Elegance


Look at this quilt!  It is just sooo lovely...

IMG_1126

I don't really know the story behind this quilt, other than that my mom has a friend who quilts.  My mother, though she be an expert seamstress, does not quilt.  But she mentioned to Jennifer, that I do, and that I've started this quilt auction for brain tumor research.

IMG_1127

So Jennifer offered this quilt to us.  Wow - how generous!  The quilt label tells us that she made it at at quilt retreat in September 2013.

IMG_1128

And really: this piecing is just fantastic!

IMG_1129

I really love the pattern and I love love love the pinwheels!  Charlotte's quilt is the first I ever made, and it's all pinwheels!

IMG_1130

Here you can see the border fabrics very well.  And see how the cream-colored one is not a solid?  It's a swirly tone-on-tone.

IMG_1132

And above is a full picture of the back where you can see how nicely the straight-line quilting was done.

IMG_1133

And lastly we have the lovely label that Jennifer made.  Isn't that neat?  I wish I did more labels for my quilts...

To bid on this lovely piece and help fund brain tumor research...

Click here to bid on this quilt.  *Bidding Closed

Quilt Stats:
Size: 56 x 69
Made by: Jennifer Jones
Fabrics: Quilt shop quality

(Want to see more?  Click here to see all the quilts that are on auction until Saturday, April 5, 2014.)

Copy of PBTF_5C_horiz_RGB copy
"Someone in your life needs a quilt, and someone in mine needs a cure."
  Charlotte's gRACE for a Cure 2014 Quilt Auction to benefit the PBTF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you... Thanks for writing back!